CAFI is a non profit organization committed to promoting the "TEAM CONCEPT" by keeping all parties involved and informed in an attempt to reduce property losses through arson and fraud.
The purpose of the organization is:
1. To unite Fire Investigators for mutual benefit.
2. To unite for mutual benefit those public officials and private persons actively engaged in the fire investigations.
3. To provide for exchange of technical information and developments.
4. To co-operate with law enforcement agencies, the fire services and other associations to improve fire investigation techniques for the suppression of fire crimes.
5. To maintain the highest possible ethical and professional standards for the investigations.