SR. FIRE and EXPLOSION CONSULTANT
Envista Forensics addresses the growing demand by insurance claims and legal professionals for a global, multi-disciplinary and highly-skilled forensic consulting partner. Envista Forensics is a global forensic consulting firm that provides a comprehensive array of technical services to the insurance and legal communities.
Our mission is simple:
- We deliver certainty to our clients when they need it most: When equipment, systems, structures, or data have been threatened by catastrophe or litigation.
- We determine cause and responsibility; we identify the nature and extent of damage or loss and provide a full range of solutions to protect their assets.
- Our technical experts are trusted advisors and industry leaders. Their expertise is broad and deep, capable of withstanding all forms of scrutiny. Our services are available globally so that certainty is assured no matter where in the world it is needed.
As the recovery from disasters has grown more complex, Envista Forensics has developed a comprehensive array of services to help our clients and has associates located around the globe to provide our clients assurance no matter the type of loss or location of the disaster. Our entire staff is dedicated to providing the best possible service, vast experience, and Certainty in an Uncertain World.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer offering competitive pay and benefits and an environment where teamwork, ongoing professional development, continuous improvement, and exceptional service are valued and rewarded. We are seeking a Fire and Explosion Consultant to support our current and growing demand for forensic consulting services worldwide.
- Creates detailed analysis of the incident scene to determine point of origin and cause. To include documentation of what “did not” cause the incident.
- Documents purported fire suppression/detection systems or intrusion detection systems.
- Interviews witnesses, to include owner, occupants, tenants, service personnel and other local officials as to their actions associated with the incident.
- Identifies possible subrogation and / or liability issues; i.e., products and/or services associated with the incident and retrieval of related reports/documentation.
- Preserves equipment/components, etc. for further evaluation/ review.
- Stores evidence retrieved from the scene pending client’s written disposition instructions.
- Evaluates physical evidence, and its potential association with the cause and/or subrogation and/or liability.
- Researches Consumer Product Safety Commission and National Highway Traffic Safety Administration for product related safety bulletins and/or recall notices.
- Must be bond-able and eligible for licensing as a private investigator where so required, some jurisdictions require written testing for licensing.
- Baccalaureate degree in a related field, or demonstration of equivalent knowledge and critical thinking skills is necessary.
- 10 plus years experience in law enforcement, firefighting, or other investigative training is preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Former experience as a city, county, state, or federal criminal investigator, or an insurance investigator is desired.
- Must hold CFEI or IAAI-CFI certification.
Click here for details and apply online.