Dear CAFI Members,
On Behalf of the CAFI board and our Secretariat, I am proud to announce the launch of our new web site with a modern and fresh look, and new content and features. Please take the time to browse our content and join me in celebrating its’ launch. http://www.cafi.ca
New features include:
- New rolling membership terms (no more December to December memberships, If you renew in August, your next renewal date is on your anniversary in August 2018)
- Easier membership renewal, completed on-line in 10 minutes or less with automated credit card payment (cheques are still accepted with on-line renewal applications)
- Automated on-line registration to CAFI regional seminars and national webinar training
- Members only section with members only content to be expanded over the next several months including:
- Past copies of the CAFI Journal magazine
- Free and discounted webinars on fire investigation
- Members Blog
- Chapter specific news and events
- Updated mission statement
- Updated job postings
The CAFI South Central Ontario chapter held its 25th Annual Charity Golf Tournament on Friday July 7, 2017. The tournament was well attended with a new format of starting early and finishing with a lunch after an early day on the course. Proceeds from the golf tournament will be donated to support SickKids Foundation (Burn unit) and Camp BUCKO (Burn Camp for Kids in Ontario), charities for children with burn injuries. Thank you to all of the participants and sponsors who participated in the golf tournament.
The CAFI South Central Ontario chapter is planning a 2-day seminar for Spring of 2018. Stay tuned for further details.
It’s been a long time coming, but we are finally planning the launch of our on-line training seminars, with the first scheduled for October 2017. This is an introductory webinar free to CAFI members, promoting our mission to enhance the field of fire investigation through ongoing training. Non-members wishing to take part in the webinar will be charged a nominal fee.
The subject of the webinar will be on fires related to hoarding, an ongoing problem with many fires affecting the life and safety of not just the hoarders, but their neighbours and their property. The webinar will be hosted by FPO James Hind, London Fire, a specialist and authority on hoarding and all of its’ problems. Please keep a lookout for an announcement about dates and how to sign up. The webinar details will also be posted on our website under SEMINARS.
As we end our summer and welcome cooler weather, I wish you all a fire safe fall.
Vladimir Chlistovsky, CCFI-C, CFEI, P.Eng.
President, Canadian Association of Fire Investigators